5 Years - 5 Goals - 13 Projects
- Bringing Together Minnesota’s Best Minds in Geriatrics Care and Education
- Educating Current and Future Health Professionals in Age-Friendly Care
- Transforming Primary Care Clinics for Age-Friendly Care and Learning
- Offering Public Education and Support for Families and Direct Care Workers
- Focusing on Dementia Care, Support, and Safety
4 Ms Framework
The United States is aging. The number of older adults, individuals ages 65 years and older, is growing rapidly. As we all age, care becomes more complex. Health systems frequently are not prepared for this complexity, and older adults suffer a disproportionate amount of harm while in the care of the health system.
The John A. Hartford Foundation and the Institute for Healthcare Improvement (IHI), set a bold vision to build a social movement so that all care with older adults is Age-Friendly. Read how GWEP is addressing each of the 4Ms.